Fleece making

InkMinx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning on making my own fleece cage liners and just have a couple of quick questions. I have seen from previous posts on the subject that it's preferable to do a 'fleece sandwich' with fleece on the bottom instead of a waterproof layer, so I'm planning on trying this. I'm going to use zorb as the inner layer, however how many layers of zorb should I look at using? I'm going to use a liner for the whole base and then 'pee pads' on the high traffic areas so the main liner is washed each week and the pads as and when needed. Will a single layer of zorb in each be sufficient?
Also I would like to use fleece blankets instead of fleece fabric as I found a better choice in fabrics, is there any drawback to this?

You only need the one layer of zorb between the two pieces of fleece. Anti pill fleece is best though fleece blankets would probably also work.

One layer of zorb is fine. It is brilliant stuff esp as you will be having pee pads in high traffic areas.

Fleece blankets or fabric are fine.

Yep! I’ll vouch for Zorb and just one layer. Then have fun with the other sides! Do you know all about wicking?

Yup, I have had 3 kids with cloth nappies as babies, I used to make them too. Used wool or fleece as the outer layers on the night time ones as was nicer for breathability then the PUL outers.

Back