Fleece Instead Of Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaPiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been trying to potty train my guinea pigs. I have been UN successful. But I just recently got some tips. Does anyone have any more potty training tips?:ple:

The reason why I want them potty trained is so I can give them fleece instead of bedding.

So, are there some things I need to do with the fleece before I put it in the cage? Do I need to wash it or anything? Do I need to put something under the fleece? I am up for any tips or awnsers. :D:ple:

i peg a fleece over the cage where the litter trays are and thats where their hay is as they wont use hay racks but if yours will put the hay racks over the litter trays. They poo and wee while they eat. Mine arent conpletely litter trained but the majority of it is in them. The odd bits where they wee now and then have smaller bits of fleece with towel underneath that i change when wet

I'm currently trying too potty train my piggies! It's also not going well!:lol:

My boys have fleece though and I find it very quick and easy too spot clean their cage daily! (And a full cage clean out weekly)

I find it's much cleaner than bedding! And alot quicker too completely clean out :)

Ok, thanx I think I will get fleece next month for my boys. :san:

I think I may of unintentionally toilet trained two of my girls. I put a shallow cat little tray in one corner and lined it with newspaper and they poo and wee in there a lot more than they do everywhere else. Not sure why or how but it makes spot cleaning the fleece a lot easier! Now if onlt the other two would copy their neighbours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back