Fleece inquiries

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) it’s been quite a while since I’ve moved out and started working now.
In the process of moving my boys over to the new house so I’ve ordered everything new because the old cage and fleeces had some wear and tear 😊
I just wanted to ask, how long do you wash a fleece for and at what temperature and setting?
And do the tunnels go in with the fleece as well?

I have Kavee fleeces and they recommended 30⁰, which is my "warm" setting. My washing machine at a normal setting is quite long, so I have never had a problem with washing my fleeces on the quick wash setting. It's much shorter and they have never smelled. I use dye and perfume free detergent and I measure it for soiled loads, which for my detergent is a full cap. For water, my washer has a super setting because the fleeces are big they need a lot of water
I don't have tunnels but I was their pee pads separately on small warm quick wash.

I use small fleeces and put pee pads, cuddle cups, hammocks etc all in with them. Normally wash at 30°c . My old machine had a jeans cycle which uses extra water but on my new one I put it on either sports or allergy mode. I use pet wash bag, an eco egg, laundry cleanser and white vinegar.
When you move house you realise just how much stuff the piggies have don't you?

I have Kavee fleeces and they recommended 30⁰, which is my "warm" setting. My washing machine at a normal setting is quite long, so I have never had a problem with washing my fleeces on the quick wash setting. It's much shorter and they have never smelled. I use dye and perfume free detergent and I measure it for soiled loads, which for my detergent is a full cap. For water, my washer has a super setting because the fleeces are big they need a lot of water
I don't have tunnels but I was their pee pads separately on small warm quick wash.
Thank you so much :)

I use small fleeces and put pee pads, cuddle cups, hammocks etc all in with them. Normally wash at 30°c . My old machine had a jeans cycle which uses extra water but on my new one I put it on either sports or allergy mode. I use pet wash bag, an eco egg, laundry cleanser and white vinegar.
When you move house you realise just how much stuff the piggies have don't you?
Thank you! I have a horse washing bag (is that the term?) somewhere that the old ones were done in so I’ll continue using that as well 😊 I bought some storage containers to go under the cage but I know for sure it’s not all going to fit in there, they do absolutely have loads of stuff :yikes:

Back