Fleece help please

Ninarodders

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know a lot of bought fleece liners have built in absorbent layers etc but they are quite expensive. I was think of trying to make my own but its not something I will be able to do for a while I expect (I think I will need a lot of practice!) So I was thinking of buying washable puppy pads and using them. Would they be enough on their own or should I then put fleece on top. If so can I literally just pin the fleece on top with clips (attached to the correx)?

Also is this the sort of fleece everyone means? https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/308634907

They are indoor piggies in a c&c

Thanks

I dont use fleece often, my boys live in my shed, but when I do, I just put down puppy pads and then lay a fleece on top. As long as the fleece has been washed several times without conditioner before use, then its fine.

The fleece in the link looks to be a thick plushy one (might be wrong) so I wouldn't use that.

OK thank you. Is there something I should looking for when choose fleece? I noticed that link is for polar fleece. Is that what I'm best to Google and look for in the shops?

I've never seen polar fleece for sale in the shops, I buy online. But then I don't go looking.
The little fleecey blanket you gave the link for, I have some like that and it's possible to lay out all puppy pads and put their hideys over those folded fleecey blankets. I don't feel a puppy pad and a thin layer of fleece is cushioning enough unless there's hay in their hideys too.

I have a reusable/washable puppy pad for the piggies, I put it on the sofa when they sit with us. It already has it's own fleecey top so I dont then put fleece on top of that.

Back