Fleece Cage Liners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapigs=_=

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted this on the right thing because I just made my account and I took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to make a thread thing.
Anyway,
I have fleece cage liners in my cage, and I wanted to make some because they are quite expensive to buy. I don't know what to put in the middle of the fleece to make it absorbant. I was thinking of putting a layer of fleece, a towel, and then another layer of fleece and sew this together. Would this work or will the towel go weird? I will wash it twice a week. Under my cage liner I have now, I have a towel and some newspaper so I would put that underneath the one I would make, if it would work.
Thanks if you answer this question

For cage liners I would use wadding/batting, You can buy them off ebay. It's funny becuase I actually just made mine today. I just used a fleece with a towel under sown together. You could do the fleece towel fleece thing as that would work quiet well.

Good Luck!

You can sew 1 layer fleece, and 1 or 2 layers of towels. In my experience @Gizi batting/wadding always 'disappears' when washed.
Also as an alternative 1 layer of fleece, then some puppy or incontinence pads. Liners aren't necessary, I just use fleece and towels non sewed.

I cloth bum my baby and best absorbency is from bamboo, it's expensive but excellent I'm going to make my cage liners out of that

I use a layer of fleece, a water absorbent crib pad, and another layer of fleece for the large ones. Then for the small ones I use a layer of fleece, a water absorbent cloth diaper, and another layer of fleece. There are some youtube videos of people making them that you could check out! I've also heard of people using terry cloth in between but I haven't tried that myself.

I have my cage done half in half, Half Wood chips for them to go to the toilet, And Half fleece blanket to sleep in! It works out great! The Blanket stays clean cause they are going on the wood chips:D

after I broke the sewing machine one too many times trying to make cuddle cups, i haven't sewn my layers together but it seems to be working fine. I have a layer of PVC tablecloth on the bottom, then disposable puppy pads (poundland/b&m/home bargains do them SUPER cheap!), an old towel layer or a single mattress topper (Wilko's have 20% off their home range at the moment so they work out about £5) then a fleece blanket on top. Hopefully this time around it'll work out better than it did last time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back