Fleece Blanket For The Pigloo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigmumsar

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi - I'm a very new piggy mum so I hope this isn't a daft question! My two guineas are kept in a summer house and have pigloos to sleep/hide in filled with hay. The floor is lined with newspaper, towels and fleece which is working well so far. We use a snugglepad to give heat at night and lots of hay to snuggle in, however I'm noticing they are eating a lot of hay from their pigloo (instead of their hay bag!) which means there isn't as much in there to snuggle in. Can I put a little fleece blanket in the pigloo for them or is it pointless? Thanks.

I don't see why you can't put in a fleece blanket. But I would still just give them the hay in there as they are obviously happy munching on their hay in the pigloo. Lol.

Thanks - I popped it in as well as hay but the dafties just sat on it rather than snuggled so I've given up with that idea already, lol! Is there anything extra I could put in the pigloo for them to snuggle in that might actually help keep them warm? (other than the heatpad)

I suggest to just keep topping up the hay! One of my piggies sleeps in the hay rack - Its a bent c and c grid so I can't see how its comfortable but she is always in there! I made her a fleece sleeping bag but she ignores it!

I've solved the fleece problem - if I drape it over the side of the pigloo and put the lid on top of it, it hangs a bit like tent. I've noticed now that when I take the lid off to swap the heatpads over/clean inside, Bramble and Smartie are snuggled up in both the hay and fleece :love: Despite all my research before getting our piggies, I had no idea how stressful the cold weather would be!

I've never thought of putting hay in my pigloos ( ours are in utility room in a c&c cage) just it's getting colder.
Inside one pigloo is a thinsulate hat and the other a thinsulate scarf ....but I still worry they are cold.
I might try a bit of hay too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back