• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fizzi foot again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaile

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She is has a little problem but i noticed that all her feet seem to have dry skin sort of hard bits.Mostly the front fight,been bathing,putting cream on and keeping hutch as clean as possible(cleaned it today in the pouring rain).Wondering if sawdust could "dry the skin on her feet! !Hope that makes sense? Should i use aubiose or something like that,would that help? Any suggests,also will try and get photo!

Well hmm, I was always thinking that sawdust was bad for piggies.. So you may want to try something different like recycled paper?

not sure, though.. maybe someone else could verify this for me?

yes it could definatly be the sawdust drying out the skin, I stopped using it ages ago, only use newspaper and hay now, I would change if i were you. I think gorgeous guineas sell a balm for skin problems, www.gorgeousguineas.com

Just saw this post, sorry to hear about the tootsies OUCH it must be painful :'(
Have you called the vet, how is she today? Sending healing vibes to Fizzi :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hope your baby gets better soon! Keep us posted please! :smitten: :smitten: :-* :-* (hugs and kisses to Fizzi)

Thanks for the replies! Fizzi seems fine she's ok for a few days,then she starts to hop! Been away for the weekend with the brownies-packholiday.Fizzi has been out in the garden seems fine,think the damp seems to help,how do not know?she limps mostly when it is dry weather!Have not washed her foot for some time but she hasn't limped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back