• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fitz - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am livid, booked the app this morning for 11.10. Got there to find the receptionsist had booked me in for tomorrow, had Fitz's name as "Sith" because she thought i was saying he had fits!! >:( >:(

I did see a vet (not my usual one, she was away). She didn't seem too impressed at my "knowledge" She asked how much baytril he was having a day. I told her 0.4ml. She weighed him & said he should be having 0.2ml twice daily which is what i'm doing ::)

Apparantly "i am on top of things" but i'm not squeezing hard enough - she got quite a bit out. Salt baths & flushing are the best thing to do & i've to carry on flushing until i can squeeze no more out. I did ask what may have caused it, she said most likely from an infected bite but couldn't be sure at this stage. ?

Pearls of wisdom - Don't put him on woodshavings! I said, "he's in the house on vetbed", the look on her face (he was in his carrier on vetbed) - i shall be looking for a new vets, i wasn't impressed at all >:( previously they've been fine tho' fortunately i'm not there very often.

She wants to see him again in a week, i will see how he is before i book him in again

Well done for standing your ground. I think some vets hate it when you are somewhat knowledgeable but others are fine with it. Glad Fitz is ok :)

Thankyou for the text :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Made us feel much better to know so quickly :smitten:
Such a brave boy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Stupid girl :tickedoff: :tickedoff: 98) 98) 98) 98)

Hugs for you love, from us both, PHEW :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back