First-time doing my C&C Cage...

• Thread starter Thread starter Skydreamie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skydreamie

We spent 4 hours on this 4x2 C&C cage last midnight.. and its FINALLIE DONE!

yuuup got to partition it for now becos Coffee is too young for Sugar.. afraid he may make her preggie or something.. so better dun risk ;D ;D ;D ;D

But it seems that after partition.. they got toooooooooooooo much space to run about!
Sugar is pop-corning like crazy last night and Coffee isn't moving around much.. always hiding in her tunnel. hehehe :smitten:
I hope its not depression or whatever.

Hmmm, so in regards to my cage.. i got 1 qn for those who own 2x4 C&C cage... how often do u all clean the cage? and how do u do it? scoop out the dirty beddings and put in new ones? or change the entire beddings ?

and how to train them to use litterpan? i think I'm going to get litterpan soon becos Sugar's poop is getting big!
i hope they are still train-able. hehehe

any comments for my C&C cage.. do advice =D
its our first C&C cage... hehe..
phew... the steps are easy but the folding of those chroloplast is definitely a chore!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

we line ours with newspaper and then put bedding on top, clean the entire lot out at least twice a week.

we cut our correx lower so the piggies could see out, seemed to make them a lot happier :D :D :D

i like the corner connectors

I have been doing spot cleans, scooping out and wee patches and replacing. We've only done one big clean so far and we scooped out the megazorb and straw and gave the corex a wipe. Then replaced with new.

heheh you.. i just did a throughout clean yesterday.. so its about 5 days and i can't stand it. its not the smell.. the cage doesn't smell or stink.. just that i dun like them sitting/running around their poops! hahahahaa

so I'm still trying to toilet train them (i know its hard =p) and scooping out the poops to the litterpan. LOL~

and i used white vinegar + water to clean the cage.. hahahaha arggh i hate the smell of white vinegar but it evaporates kinda fast.. so I'm alright with it. LOL

i used disinfectant too.. lol.

petpiggy2 said:
we line ours with newspaper and then put bedding on top, clean the entire lot out at least twice a week.

we cut our correx lower so the piggies could see out, seemed to make them a lot happier :D :D :D

i like the corner connectors

oh the connectors.. hehe! i love them too.. my fav color PINK!
too bad i can't find a big big piece of pink colour choroplast :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nice.
Is there any way of moving it slightly away from that plug/socket?
The piggy has a house there and could sit on top of it and chew at it and...well, you know.
Or does it just look close and really isnt?
I hope you dont mind me mentioning it.
Pink eh...gotta love pink :)
xx Steph xx

That looks great but yes I would agree about moving it away from the plug and cutting the chloroplast down so that they can see out. I'm looking to make my own C&C cage in the near future. Can you make a lid for them? Only I have 2 cats!

hehehe thanks for mentioning about the power socket thingie.. it was in my consideration too.. but no worries, so far i didn't see my piggie jumping on top of the hutch.. its tooo tall for him =D

hehe my house doesn't have any pet except them =)
so i guess a lid wouldn't be neccessary for it.
make us easier to have "human touch" on them. hehehe~
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back