First Bathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlovemyBabyxoxo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So tonight baby's fur was looking Greecey so I figured it'd be a good time to give him his first bathe since he's been home with me he did soooo good and after drying and and brushing him he sat on my chest and slept I think he did a grate job and I think he enjoyed it too YAY BABY!!image.webpimage.webp

I don't know if you did but I just want to say for other people who may be reading this sake - do not use a hair dryer to dry your piggy - by the looks of things your pig doesn't look like he has been touched by one but I know some people may be reading this who are planning to bathe there pigs so just waned to get that out there xx

its not a good idea, you cant see when a guinea pig is getting burnt by it, they burn so easily too

I've heard of people using hair dryers and just hold it far away from the pig. I just keep them in the bathroom with the clothes dryer on so it warms up the room then towel/air dry them! Glad your piggie is all fresh and clean :).

I use the hair dryer on the lowest setting because it dries him quicker and as Marley is a Peruvian I worry about his hair staying damp and giving him a chill. Weirdly, the hair dryer doesn't worry him. He will sit there, grooming himself to get his hair all tidy while I dry it for him. I do hold it about 30-50cm away from him as the breeder I adopted him from advised and have never seen any burn marks on him at all. I know he would squeak/chatter to high heaven if he was uncomfortable so I don't think it's done him any harm.

Also: aww he's very cute! I'm glad bath time went well :)

Last edited:
its not a good idea, you cant see when a guinea pig is getting burnt by it, they burn so easily too
Many members on the forum use a hair dryer, it has to be held far away from the pig, so they get minimum heat on their fur, and has to be set on the lowest setting. No harm will come to the piggy if you hold the hair dryer far away. Some piggies cannot have a hair dryer on them as they get distressed and scared.

Yes it did n looking to give him another one soon lol my mom pulled him out of his cage to find he was soked in his own urine so he be getting another one soon

If he was soaked he could have a urine infection. Maybe he needs a check up?

I think it's bc he lays in his urine bc he's not always soked but I do have a question. Can I use Johnson and Johnson sensitive baby wash on him ?

No that is too harsh for him. It is not normal for a healthy piggy to lie in their urine. Did you see the thread suggesting you get him a bigger cage? That will help and you could switch to vet bed or fleece too.

No you need guinea pig shampoo. Can you get this from amazon?

Vet bed looks like a carpet. I am not sure if you can get it in America but you can use fleece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back