• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

first aid kit

• Thread starter Thread starter ebony+holly pig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ebony+holly pig

I was going to get a first aid kit together for my guineas and i was just wondering what do i need to get. i haven't got a clue.thanks

is there any thing else that is not on the list i should get in,i went out and got some of the stuff on the list,i just want to be prepared in-case any thing happens. 98). thanks for the help

I think the main one to have in is Critical Care as vets don't always stock it, though they have Supreme Science (which contains alfalfa, son not good for pigs with bladder probs). Some lavender and Myrrh cream from Gorgeous Guineas is good to have in just in case, she sends stuff out quickly so I wouldn't bother getting things for the sake of it :) Be careful using human meds because a lot of them contain sugar/sweetners and other stuff that isn't good for guineas. Good to have a few things in for an emergency though :)

A good vet is worth finding too :)

I've always wanted to make one but that list is just soo long so I don't know what to buy :-\

What would you say are neccessary Karen? (or anyone else). I know you just mentioned critical care - I think I'll buy some in a few days but what else? I was thinking I could buy some stuff from galens garden too?

edit: okay I decided I should get
Stuff from galens garden - what should I get?
Critical Care
Avipro Plus
Syringes

what else?

This reminds me.. I need to get some critical care for the chinnies... Thansk for bringing this up :)

The only things I have from Galens is some Grassmeal and some cookie mix to make up as syringe feed (I don't do much cooking for Humans let alone guineas that are happy with 'raw food' ::) ) I also have some Meadowsweet syrup left from treating some Satins.

I would not be without CC (critical care), metacam, baytril and the wonderful probiotics (fank you Auntie Niki :-* :-*), Metatone (from Auntie Debbie again fank you :-* :-*) but i also love the diff size syringes for using with CC, feeding water and using for washing out wounds O0 Another thing i must have other than a medical is wipes the eye makeup remover ones as they've no wispy bits of cotton that can come off is you use on eyes or wounds they're great O0
We've also a list of other meds etc.. that have been used in the past which are great too and on the list mentioned O0 :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back