Fireworks 🎆

Bean_piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Goodluck to all the piggies and piggy owners keeping their pigs and other animals calm during the fourth of July! 🎆 I know it isn't easy! Some tips I'm currently using right now is playing soft music for them and sound proofing your windows and walls with blankets. It's working like a charm for me right now!

Still pretty noisy here too. My piggies don't seem to mind the noise as they are sleeping right now and I can't! My house is pretty loud with three young children running around. You could always try running a white noise machine in the room with them as that can help filter out some of the noise. I use white noise machines for my children and nobody has woken up yet.

Still pretty noisy here too. My piggies don't seem to mind the noise as they are sleeping right now and I can't! My house is pretty loud with three young children running around. You could always try running a white noise machine in the room with them as that can help filter out some of the noise. I use white noise machines for my children and nobody has woken up yet.
Yeah it's pretty noisy over here too, my piggies don't seem to mind as well just the dogs unfortunately. I have the TV playing in my room for the dogs and a speaker playing white noise in the pigs room. They don't seem to mind as of right now since they're eating hay, it's pretty hard keeping everyone calm since my walls are paper thin and you can hear everything and almost the whole neighborhood is blowing fire works.

Luckily we dont get 4th July fireworks here in the UK, but on bonfire night/Guy Fawkes on 5th November when it sounds like a war zone here in the city, I usually pop a thick blanket over the cage and run the washing machine several times, the piggies understand the washing machine noise seeing as they pee on 8 laundry loads of fleecy cage liners and tunnels every week :)

Luckily we dont get 4th July fireworks here in the UK, but on bonfire night/Guy Fawkes on 5th November when it sounds like a war zone here in the city, I usually pop a thick blanket over the cage and run the washing machine several times, the piggies understand the washing machine noise seeing as they pee on 8 laundry loads of fleecy cage liners and tunnels every week :)
Awh I would do that but my pigs cages are circular 😂

I think they cycled through a few, the ones I remember were whalesong/beach type ones.
Yikes! That would be worrisome. The ones that I use are made by Dohm. They have a small fan inside and you can change how loud the sound is by using two button settings. The top and sides have holes in it that you can adjust the size of in order to make the sound louder or quieter. I like them as they are a real fan sound, but the children can't stick their fingers inside the machine.

I mean it was the only way they could sleep, I wasn't gonna tell them to stop. 🤷‍♂️ But yeah, white noise makes me twitchy.

My dog HATES the sound of the bands on 12July here! The slightest sound of a snare drum or first flute and she starts to shake! I have to start playing music BEFORE the bands start their racket, because if she hears the bands first there’s no bringing her back!

The familiar sound of the washing machine is a good idea for piggies - I’ll remember that for the dreaded …… Halloween 😡

Back