Finally getting round to it

• Thread starter Thread starter snowqueen65
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowqueen65

Well after having the c&c grids in our bedroom for a couple of months I am finally having a go at building the cage today ;D I have given up on the connectors and am using cable ties instead. So far it is going well (after a couple of errors 98)) I am starting to get a little bit excited now :)

Thank you, will deffo post piccies (gives my oh an excuse to use his new camera ;D)

Okay guys, here it is, what do you think? (Please be gentle as this is my first attempt ;D)

Davesnewcamera027.jpg

Davesnewcamera026.jpg

Davesnewcamera025.jpg

Thank you :) Can't do another storey as I don't have enough grids :( Just have to sort out the flooring and toys then I am done :)

Great design. I am picky and would have had a roof bit on the other side aswell. lol, make it semtrical (sp)

I have got 2 grids left so I could do that :) What do other peeps think?

yeah do it, my opinian tho. or do it and see what it looks like.

Take the roof bit off all together! Makes it easier to sit in with the pigs (or maybe I am the only person who does that?lol!)!

Not made a final decision to be honest as different people give different advice. I am thinking corex/lino, failing that it would probably be towelling/newspaper/loads of hay but open to ideas :)

I would use lino or something if I were you. Especially if you intend to keep them on that nice carpet! I seperated one of mine whan she was ill once, but didnt have another cage so put her in a playpen on lots and lots of towels. She weed loads and it soaked through to the carpet really quickly. I had to change the towels about ten times aday, and the carpet still stank! Lol!

It looks really spacious and well put together. Well done you! O0

I think it looks fantastic, I just wish I had enough space to make something like this, mine are in a Nero 2 at minute but will be going outside in hutch when weather gets better, they are ok just now as only 4 months but next year if I decide to bring them in in winter, I will need to think about something bigger.

I think it looks great can we have pics when the piggies take residence too? :D :D

Thanks for all the positive replies and advice guys it is very much appreciated O0 Of course I will post piccies when I have the new piggyville residents :)

It looks nice and roomy, I bet they will love it. O0

Went for a wander round the shops by my sis-in-laws today as me and the OH needed a break from all the funeral arranging :'( Anyway we passed a flooring shop so popped in for a lookie. Guess what we found right at the back tucked behind other remnants? A piece of lino that is ideal in size for the cage and the best part? It only cost us £5.00 so I am well chuffed. Will post piccies soon (once we fit it) and hopefully by the weekend our piggyville will be finished :)

YAY! I have finished it :)

Have laid the lino down and went to the petstore today to get the furnishings and supplies :) Piggyville now has a nice new lino floor, an igloo house, a wooden piggy bridge, a hidey hole, water bottle and hay rack :) Will take piccies later O0

It looks awesome! O0 O0
Have you thought about folding the lino up at the edges (like this: http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm)? It might save you vacuuming so often! They wont be able to kick poops and hay out!
Make sure you show us again when ther are pigs in it! You've done a great job!

I was just about to suggest that Damons! Its easier to keep the poopies and stuff inside.

Emma x

I hadn't actually thought of that, good idea, thanks O0 Will get onto it today :)

As soon as we have found the two rescue piggies we are going to offer a home to, you will have loads of piccies :)

That looks great O0
Depending on wether the lino is heavy duty or quite thin as to folding it up. I had heavy stuff and it pushed the grids apart so to speak. You could cut it like you do with correx and use gaffa type tape to tape the edges :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back