Finally Done It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie's

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After lurking on here for about a year I finally have got 2 very pretty tortishell girls about 12 weeks old.
As some of you may know from my other thread my partner died a couple of weeks a go, I had already had them coming but had to decide whether to go ahead or not as I had a lot going on, but decided I had waited so long for these 2.
So Mavis and Doris have been here a week, getting brave quite happy to be picked up and enjoying a cuddle cheering me up.
I will post photos when I get some decent ones. I question they love there greens, they are on Gerty Guinea Pig, I want to change them over to pellets which is the best way to do this.

Many Thanks
Debbie

congrats on the new piggies. i'd let them settle for a couple of weeks on their original food and then start to gradually introduce the pellets. i start with a small amount of the new mixed in with the old for a few days just to see how they go, and then you can just increase the new and decrease the old over a period of a week or two. :)

Hi. Thanks I will leave a couple of weeks and then gradually change over there food.
They love their greens although they don't like brocili. I don 't think Ive ever brought so much greens !
Doris is abit more laid back, Mavis is a bit Scittish but once I have her she is fine. I am know looking forward to spending more time with them

Debbie

:DGlad to hear that things are going well with the new piggies! :tu: You may like to know that Gerty do a pelleted version of their muesli. They are called Gerty's Tasty Bites.
You can get them from most on-line pet shops like Amazon and Pet Planet.
Looking forward to pictures of the girlies!

Hi Debbie, I'm very sorry to read about your loss. Having pets to look after and nurture can be very therapeutic and I hope they bring you comfort :hug:

The way to swap from one food to another is to do so gradually, just put in a few, and then add more, until after a couple of weeks or so you have a complete swap :)

Congrats on your new piggies.Sorry to hear about your husband.I list mine fourteen months ago, not nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back