Ferplast plaza 160. Any good?

flowerfairy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting this cage for my two guinea pigs.

Does it seem big enough for 2 sows? Can you take out the fixed plastic shelter and platform? Can you take out the wooden house?

Thank you.

I’ve just got one for Percy and Pepper. It’s great. Heres my thread on it Ferplast 160

They usually live outside but Pepper is getting over and abscess operation so they are in my living room at the moment.

It’s a good cage would recommend.

I’ve got one and like it. It’s a bit fiddly to put together, you’ll need two people but it’s great when it’s been put together. You can take the plastic shelter out, not sure about the wooden house

I am still wondering about getting this cage! Has anyone got experience of adding on extra space? Someone mentioned the wooden house. How easy is it to access for cleaning out?

Would love to see pics of extended 160s.

Just seen that some people have the plaza 200. Cant see it for sale on the internet though. Anyone know where you can get it from. There was another brand konik? but that was over 200 pounds!

ive the plaza 160,i love it.easy to clean,plenty of space.its a pain to put together.i took the houses out.the woooden house is an extention,but ive not purchased it.i will take some photos later.Bill and Ted uses this cage,I'm sure she could relay her experiences.

I have two, one for each pair. I love them and yes you can take out the silly plastic ledge thing 😁 Putting it together requires a bit of brute force (I got OH) but it’s sturdy, easy to clean and you can extend them at both ends if you can find an extra 40 cm extension somewhere although not generally cheap to make a 40 cm + 120 cm + 40 cm giving a total of 200 max length

Hi, I have the ferplast 160 with added wooden extension. A little tricky to put together but lovely cage once up.

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_105828_576.webp
    IMG_20220906_105828_576.webp
    78 KB · Views: 23
Just to add, the wooden house extension has a large lid which lifts on hinges,making it very easy to access and clean👍

Attachments

• 16624695619788741424370832198291.webp
    16624695619788741424370832198291.webp
    30 KB · Views: 23
Just seen that some people have the plaza 200. Cant see it for sale on the internet though. Anyone know where you can get it from. There was another brand konik? but that was over 200 pounds!
Krolic is the new name for Plaza, they seem to be the same cages though
To get a 200 cm you need to buy the extension Zooplus has them so sale atm

Zooplus sell the wooden house but it is 47 pounds! Is that what you meant?

Zooplus sell the wooden house but it is 47 pounds! Is that what you meant?
yes, but there was originally a cage style one of 40 cm and I’m looking out for a second hand one on eBay and buy and sell sites to make a 200 cm

Looked on ebay. The prices for the 160 are so high. No extensions only the wooden house at even higher prices than zooplus!

Back