Ferplast Plaza 160 and fleece linings

Rice Krispies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there, it's been a long while since I owned guinea pigs. I was a teen when I had my last one, 30 something years ago... as things have changed loads in the guinea pig world I thought it worth getting some advise.

I wanted to know if the ferplast plaza 160 is recommended and if so what fleece lining would work best? My daughter and I are hoping to buy some little furry friends in the next few months so starting to get prepared:-)

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum
I have a 160 cm plaza but use newspaper and hay in the main part and small fleece mats in the small bedroom area
It’s a great cages for 2 piggies

I have the ferplast plaza 160 as a spare cage (my piggies live in my shed) (so mine is stored semi-built and is a bit of a pain to get the wire sides back on when it is needed, but I get there in the end!). It was a really nice cage.
I have a boar pair and while it is a lovely cage, I personally wouldn’t want to use it as a permanent cage for boars as it might be a little tight for some boar pairs (180x60 being a better measurement for two boars) but it depends on the boys! For two sows the plaza 160 is perfect

We have an excellent fold up wooden run which is great for storage in winter, they are not much more expensive and worth it to save space.

Do you know what make the fold up wooden run is? I've just sent an enquiry about having a custom made fleece liner, feeling very excited!

Hi, the plaza is a good size for 2 piggies. Have you considered contacting a rescue to adopt instead of buying. The rescues need your help more than breeders need your money. I know most rescues are full to bursting with waiting lists for admissions. So by adopting you are saving 4 lives the ones you adopt and the 2 that take their place. Surprisingly a lot of our surrendered piggies are under 2 years old, many are only months old. They are fully health checked and guaranteed not pregnant as reputable rescues keep any females suspected to be pregnant for the 10 weeks to be sure they're not.

Yes, my daughter and I were looking earlier at the blue cross listings🙂 although there weren't any close to us but need to do a bit more research. If you know of any rescue centres in the Oxfordshire area, I'd love to hear:-)

Back