Ferplast plaza 140 or 160

Megan'smenagerie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have kept guineas pigs on and off since i was 8 years old (now 21) and me and my partner are moving into our own place soon and i really want some piggies again I am thinking i would like 2 or 3 so i was just wondering which size of the ferplast plaza would be best? I paln on getting the add on for it! Any advice would be much appreciated! 😊👍🏻

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would say get the biggest you can. Once you’ve filled it up with hides and bowls you’ll be surprised how little is left for zoomies and popcorning. They will love you for it. 😃

:wel:

It’s always best to go as big as you possibly can.

The minimum size for two females is 120x60cm. This is the welfare minimum but with a recommended size of 150x60cm for two females.
For three females you would need a welfare minimum of 150x60cm but 180x60cm being recommended.

For two boars, you need a minimum of 150x60cm but 180x60cm is recommended. I would urge you, if you were to get two boars, to always go bigger than the minimum as lack of space can cause big problems for a boar pair.

Therefore, if you are set on a ferplast or commercial style cage, then get the 160 (which is the biggest size commercial cage available) and stick with having two sows.

A c&c cage is a very good option as they can be made as big and any shape as needed.
C&c cage size for
two sows is 2x4 (approx 150x77cm)
three sows is a 2x5 (approx 180x77cm)
two boars is a 2x5

This is our cage size guide and other cage guides
Cage Size Guide
Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages
Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

Last edited:
I have both but I would definitely go bigger and get the 160 cm Plaza. It’s a great secure cage and usually only £10 extra online
If you haven’t got any cats/dogs etc and don’t have any visiting then C&C cages are great too and give you plenty of space. I bought around 16 shelving grids which are identical which makes an amazing space for about £17.00 last year on eBay

Back