Ferplast 160

weepweeps

Senior Guinea Pig
Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Is this big enough for Percy and Pepper as a play cage?

Many thanks

5ACCDA35-C218-4F32-AE90-EEB7F7019BE8.webp

It is a nice cage. Ive got one as a spare cage. Although I prefer to use c&c grids as a spare cage
The ferplast plaza 160 is fine but comes in at minimum size for a pair of boars (comes in at 10 square feet)

I’ve got a 160 & 140 and don’t use the supplied shelf, waste of space and can’t get piggies out, takes up too much room, they prefer hay in the extension part, fleece tunnels, beds and fleece curtains, pee pads

So I’m putting the 160 together and it just doesn’t seem to fit very well where the extension joins. I’m getting a bit frustrated.

If I push it down more it just rises again.

If you’ve got one does yours look like this?

94F5F29F-96C0-4B83-8A53-CFBE364C81D7.webp

This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• 0665FD00-DCD0-4E11-B9BB-E586AF4F81C8.webp
    0665FD00-DCD0-4E11-B9BB-E586AF4F81C8.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
They should snap into place, we’ve found you need to be very heavy handed forcing them into place, I got OH to do mine

So I’ve finally got it all together (still a bit wonky for my OCD but I’m trying to let it go). How do you all set your cages up? I’m thinking of waterproof base layer, fleece or towels on top. This is only a play cage so it won’t get too sodden.

Newspaper and hay in the extension and tunnels and fleecy bits in the main area?

Last edited:
So I’ve finally got it all together (still a bit wonky for my OCD but I’m trying to let it go). How do you all set your cages up? I’m thinking of waterproof base layer, fleece or towels on top. This is only a play cage so it won’t get too sodden.

Newspaper and hay in the extension and tunnels and fleecy bits in he main area?
I have them the opposite way around. Fleece/tunnels in the small area and hay and newspaper in the large part but its their main home 😁 I took the silly ledge out too

Yeah no silly ledge here either. Do you use the large water bottles that come with it or pet shop ones?

Yeah no silly ledge here either. Do you use the large water bottles that come with it or pet shop ones?

I use both but I find the spout of their normal crystal classic bottles doesn’t go very far through the bars whereas the ones that come with the cage have a longer spout. Also, the normal bottles tend to slide along the bars due to the wire used to hold them on being able to move

I don’t use the ferplast water bottles, both drip. I have sippy ones for Posh and Ginger and ordinary an ordinary one for Hector and Kiki

Don’t worry Chester will not be alone with them EVER. I had Eddie with my last piggies for 7 years without any accidents. I’m very vigilant. I also have a baby gate at the garage door.👍🏻

Back