ferplast 140

Status
Not open for further replies.
well id say 4 ?
theres 3 rabbits in there and rabbits are bigger than guinea pigs so id say 4 O0

I was gonna buy this cage but decided to build a C&C instead and it's the best thing i ever did!

My two guineas are in a 2 by 4 cage with a 2 by 2 upper level :)

They love running up and down the ramp!

iloveanimals said:
well id say 4 ?
theres 3 rabbits in there and rabbits are bigger than guinea pigs so id say 4 O0
I would definitely NOT put 4 pigs in this cage, its a lovely roomy cage for my two girlies but four in there it would be soooo cramped :(

x Mary n Midge x said:
iloveanimals said:
well id say 4 ?
I would definitely NOT put 4 pigs in this cage, its a lovely roomy cage for my two girlies but four in there it would be soooo cramped :(
I wouls ay its fine as if you look at the piccie then theres 3 rabbits in there and they have sooo much room plus guinea pigs are smaller so they would get more room than pictures so adding a guinea wouldnt harm them as 3 rabbits really are just like 4 guineas and the rabbits look like theyve got loads of room :)

Those rabbits look very much like young netherland dwarf rabbits so really they would be about the same size as piggies, also you have to imagine the cage with various toys in. I have this cage and i haven't got that many toys in it but i still wouldn't put anymore guinea pigs in it as in my opinion it would be far too cramped.

x Mary n Midge x said:
Those rabbits look very much like young netherland dwarf rabbits so really they would be about the same size as piggies, also you have to imagine the cage with various toys in. I have this cage and i haven't got that many toys in it but i still wouldn't put anymore guinea pigs in it as in my opinion it would be far too cramped.
Well i totally understand but 4 to me is actually fine as i have 3 in a cage that is a little bit smaller than that actually which was supposed to be for 4 ?

This cage is a nice size for two guinea pigs with plenty of room for toys but i think it's a bit of a squeeze for three and definitely not big enough for four! :o

I suppsoe with toys in 2-3, but as I don't have toys in my cages (except hidey house and chew blocks) I suppsoe I didn't think of that.

(my piggies do have toys, theya re in their day time pens, they just sleep in tehir hutches at night :)

Plus guinea pigs sometimes need their own space so it's good to have a separate house each and with three or four guineas in there you wouldn't have the room to do that :)

Personally I wouldn't put more than 2 in it, 3 sows at a push. ABSOLUTELY not 4. The measurements given on the cage are actually at the widest possible point on the wire part, not the base. This means that the useable space isn't 140 x 70cm, it's more like 130 x 60.

The pictures don't matter - some pet shops sell cages the size of hamster cages for pigs, it doesn't mean it's acceptable for them to live in!

daftscotslass said:
Personally I wouldn't put more than 2 in it, 3 sows at a push. ABSOLUTELY not 4. The measurements given on the cage are actually at the widest possible point on the wire part, not the base. This means that the useable space isn't 140 x 70cm, it's more like 130 x 60.

The pictures don't matter - some pet shops sell cages the size of hamster cages for pigs, it doesn't mean it's acceptable for them to live in!
Sojme pet shops are ok though as i house 3 pigs in each of those cages and they are all fine together and have lots of toys and 2 hideys and still loads of room to play etc

My three girlies are approx 4 months old so lots of growing to do yet. They live in a hutch 5ft 4 inches by two foot and they love their space. I would get serious objections if i put my three in the ferplast 140.

Murphy lives on his own until he is over his op and he has got a four foot cage all to himself and he even objects to spending time in there he free ranges round the house while we are in and just pops back in to feed drink and poop. :smitten: :smitten:

my 3 single boars have a 4ft hutch each and my pair of boars has a 4ft hutch, they have quite a bit of space as they don't have toys in their hutches but in their play pens. I woudln't keep more than one in my 4ft hutches but my pair of boars is only young at the moment and they have a larger pen, wi will be getting them a nice sized hutch soon.

btw, Lindsay7, your piggies are adorable!

This is the cage I'm getting Flora and Fleur for Christmas they live in a 3x3 in my utility room but even that is getting cramped for them especially for Flora who likes to run and popcorn now and Fleur who launches her igloo at her (defo the mummy pig!) Everyone is different but I stick to the requirements. Some pet shops tend to say what they want just to get a sale. I put the girls in a pen in the day time but I like to put them in a cage for sleeping as I dont' want them escaping!

I saw a syrian hamster in a pet shop on Friday for sale with a cage which wasn't no more than a shoe box size. I think we can use common sense and say that was not big enough at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back