Female pig trouble

Funkyfelinefiona

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I recently adopted two female guinea pigs. At the adoption center, the two had come in together but were separated due to fighting. I assumed it may have been because of the stress of moving or being in a small cage, but when I tried to reintroduce them they didn’t seem to get along. I introduced them in a neutral space, and sat with them for 2 hours, but the younger one continued to bully the larger one and This persisted. I’ve tried introducing them twice, but this happens every time. The younger one, Lychee, will chase Kimchi, the larger one, around and even go into the hide next to her and chitter her teeth. The reason I’ve separated them is because lychee was pulling out kimchi’s hair on her butt and I felt as though if they lived together kimchi would be bullied and loose more hair. I currently have them in a split cage situation where they can live together but not touch each other and this works fine but I’d love for them to get along. I’m running out of ideas, anyone know what to do?

Back