Female Guinea Pig Mounting For Weeks

Hope444

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a female who is about 2 and 3 younger females who are all about 8-9 months. About tw or 3 weeks ago the oldest started rumble strutting and chasing them all the time. Some days she would target one only and mount her for a day or two. Some days she only would rumble strut all the time. I took her to the vet who said she's very healthy. Is this normal?

I have a female who is about 2 and 3 younger females who are all about 8-9 months. About tw or 3 weeks ago the oldest started rumble strutting and chasing them all the time. Some days she would target one only and mount her for a day or two. Some days she only would rumble strut all the time. I took her to the vet who said she's very healthy. Is this normal?

Hi

This is classic hormonal ovarian cyst behaviour. A seeming nonstop season can be the only symptom and the cyst in question can be still pretty small but it is obviously growing.

You may find the information in this guide here helpful:

I just took her to the vet. The vet checked her.

As I mentioned, the cyst in question is likely to very small and may not be felt. There is nothing else that causes this behaviour. :(

Please monitor the weight, which is likely to go gradually down. Also see how impacted and stressed the companion/bond is. Ovarian cysts are the biggest cause of fall-outs/dysfunctional bonds between sows.

Back