• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Feet?

• Thread starter Thread starter mistyanita
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mistyanita

I just got a pair of (very cute) piggies from some one who didn't want them. They seem in good health apart form their feet. Their claws were twisted and very long (they are clipped now) and one on them has these brown growths that look really horrible coming out from the pads of her front feet. :( She doesn't seem to have any feeling/pain in the growths but it doesnt look nice... Whats up with her?

i'm no expert but from what i know the brown thing is a spur, some say you can cut them of but i'm not brave enough ;) alot of my piggies have curly nails, i just keep them short as possible.

I mananged to get digbys spur yesterday and he didnt feel a thing as I dont think there is a vain in it so u can cut it short. It looked pretty grosse tho!

Ok Thanks! Just as long as its not some horrible illness... phew ::)

Definitely sounds like a spur. My Murran gets them. I leave it & then it must drop off, but then I look again & he has one back again! It's not a problem & i think it's fairly common. Their nails do need trimming regularly. :)

my two eldest girls have those spurs i just trim it when i trim their nails, never hurts them or anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back