Feeding

Jessica Harris

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I have a male guina pig who gets fed a small amount of pellets in the morning (which when they are gone that's it until dinner time) and then he has veggies at night which again when they are gone that it's and he has fresh hay given to him twice a day now inbetween his meals especially at night he's constantly squeaking at me and nagging for more food, any suggestion on what to do. Do I give in and give more food or just keep ignoring it

Keep ignoring it! If you give in, he will come to expect it each and every time and you’ll be creating a problem for yourself!
As long as he has unlimited hay he won’t be hungry, along with plenty of enrichment in the cage (scatter feeding the veg and pellets is a good one) then he will be fine and is instead likely just trying his luck!

Sounds like he’s eating enough. Is he gaining or maintaining his weight? If his weight is ok then he’s just a beggar 😊. Piggies think they are always starving and have never been given any nice treats about 2 minutes after they have stuffed themselves with nummies.

Sounds like he’s eating enough. Is he gaining or maintaining his weight? If his weight is ok then he’s just a beggar 😊. Piggies think they are always starving and have never been given any nice treats about 2 minutes after they have stuffed themselves with nummies.
Hello yes he is maintaining weight he hasn't lost any for a very long time he isn't overly fat or large he's quiet small and so is his weight but he's happy just greedy pig 😂

Okay sounds fair enough I have been ignoring him and haven't ever gave in I just didn't know if something was wrong or if he was just being greedy. I have a female pig as well and she saviors her food during the day/night and never complains until food time

Back