Feeding veggies at floor time

Simeon

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm thinking about only feeding veggies during floor time so my girls to make floor time extra special.
Do you guys think this is a good idea or is it better to feed veggies in their c&c cage? I thought it would make time with me more rewarding for them. Could it result in any unwanted behaviours?

Thanks,
Sim

Personally I can’t think of any issues that could arise from this. You would want to scatter the veg around though or they would just spend their floor time sat in one place eating, which would defeat the whole purpose of floor time!:xd:

Mine used to be free roaming. At veggie time they would run round the room like maniacs then into the cage to beg for the first piece to be hand fed but most of it was scattered on a waterproof mat on the floor.

Hi all!

I'm thinking about only feeding veggies during floor time so my girls to make floor time extra special.
Do you guys think this is a good idea or is it better to feed veggies in their c&c cage? I thought it would make time with me more rewarding for them. Could it result in any unwanted behaviours?

Thanks,
Sim

If they have daily floor time, then it is not a problem. You can use the veg for enrichment and make them work for it, by hand feeding, sprinkling around the roaming area, wrapping the veg in brown paper etc.
Enrichment Ideas for Guinea Pigs

We’ve had our girls for a short period, and found that veggies at floor/lap time made them warm up to us super fast

Problem is they make a lot of noise when lap/floor time doesn’t come with food now, so tryna wean them off it

Now it’s a quick veggie meal, then they literally blast around the room

Attachments

• IMG_1232.webp
    IMG_1232.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
Back