Feeding two different types of pellets

Reaction score
Hi all! Have you ever tried feeding your piggies two different types of pellets? I mean from different brands. What are your thoughts on that?

It’s fine to do that, provided you measure it out properly so you don’t inadvertently exceed the one tablespoon per day only

I've had 2 or 3 different pellet types in one container before and I just use the same amounts. Sometimes they'll get more of one type than another but as long as they'll eat them, I do it to give them something a bit different.

I'm mixing grainfree selective with indoor burgess cavy pellets for an older group,as the older pigs seem to loose weight on grain free pelletsi agree with Lavinia that it helps to not get to fixated on one pellet..

I'm mixing grainfree selective with indoor burgess cavy pellets for an older group,as the older pigs seem to loose weight on grain free pelletsi agree with Lavinia that it helps to not get to fixated on one pellet..
I am also mixing these 2 pellet brands at the moment @eileen ! Hilda went off the selective grain free during her rescue pregnancy and has not really got back into those pellets or gained much weight since her rather skinny petite pregnancy, so I am trying the burgess indoor as a mix, try bulk her up a bit and also I very much like the idea of the calming ingredients during our current herd bonding (trying to combine two trios of diva ladies!). There is rarely one ideal pellet for a mixed age, mixed weight, mixed health herd I think, so I would say that mixed piggies may benefit from mixed pellets, provided they are only a minor dietary component with unlimited hay and plenty fresh veg as the main foods :)

Back