Feeding Help?

Chloe04

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just got my two guinea pigs last night and I can’t find any info on how much to feed them!? I’ve read somewhere that 1/8 of a cup (pellets) is enough for adults, but they’re 8 weeks old so how much should I be feeding them? The food I’m giving doesn’t have any guidelines on young guinea pigs either. Thanks in advance :)

Hi, congratulations on your new piggies and welcome to the forum. You'll find this link useful Food
Also if you go to forums at the top of the page you'll find lots of other info ,including a guide for new owners.
Are you going to post pictures of your piggies?

Thank you! I’ve never had guinea pigs before so I’m a little bit unsure of a few things :)
The girls haven’t been handled before so they’re very nervous (so no pictures yet unfortunatley) but I’m getting them out later today to get them weighed, so I’ll be sure to take and post some pictures later on!

Yeah, I’ve had a look over a few forums and everyone is so nice! Thank you for that link - super helpful!

Hello and welcome.
This is a great forum.
I’ve learned a lot since joining as well as having fun with others who love guinea pigs

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new piggies .
We are a friendly bunch and have some great members who answer questions happily and share their experiences.
We also have a fabulous set of guides to help answer many questions you may have. The new owners’ guide Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides is a series of separate guides containing loads of info. If you get info overload, shout out and we will help.
And when your piggies are settled please share a photo or 2. We really do love seeing each other’s piggies.

Back