feeding bowls

• Thread starter Thread starter rachpark
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rachpark

I currently have two little ceramic feeding bowls for my two sows but some times they tip them up, I thought maybe a should just get one big one, but do you think they will fight over the bowl or sit in it ? whats peoples experiences of bowls?

well i had the same problems with holly and meggie at fist there had a sliver tin guinea pig bowlwhich there use totip all the food out of etc but the dish upside down so i change there dish and give them one of the big borwn rabbit bowls and seens that day there havent tip it up

when i get lilly and max i give them the silver dish to start with as there was still little about 12 weeks old and didnt know if there would be bale to reach inside a brown one but when there got bigger i change them in to the brown bowel but there didnt tip the sliver bowl up anyways

and now all my 4 cages have a bowl what is like the borwn rabbits bowls but is white and has pictures of guinea pigs on it

My mum uses the food bowls that are brown, you can get them from wilkinsons, they say rabbit on them, but are suitable for guinea pigs. they don't tips the, over lol, and our sows have never sat in them, or the boar.

♥Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
My mum uses the food bowls that are brown, you can get them from wilkinsons, they say rabbit on them, but are suitable for guinea pigs. they don't tips the, over lol, and our sows have never sat in them, or the boar.

I use one of those aswell. Only neo sits sort of on the side, but he's stopped now. They can all fit their heads in at the same time.

I use white porcelain ones which have a picture of a guinea in the middle and pictures round the outside..they're cute haha :P I use two to make sure there's no fighting, and they don't tip them over.

I use the big rabbit dishes that are heavy, my boys share 1 dish, and my girls share a dish between them too..no fighting but my boys do poop in their food dish for some odd reason 98) they are dirty little things, luckily I'm a clean freak and clean it regularly :)

I always use the big brown heavy bowls you can get - stop them tipping over - I think you can get the ones that say rabbit, or the bigger ones say dog on them...

each of my 5 boars have a brown 'rabbit' dish each as they fight otherwise. They try to move them, sometimes with their teeth, but never succeed.

We use two brown bowls from Wilkinsons. They are probably smaller than the ones other people have mentioned. They used to get one bowl but when they began their rumbling at each other phase i got them another one so it's one each at meal times. Mind you, they always check what each other have in their bowls. We also have a deeper ceramic bowl which says rabbit on it - we use that for their dried food.

Jane said:
I use white porcelain ones which have a picture of a guinea in the middle and pictures round the outside..they're cute haha :P I use two to make sure there's no fighting, and they don't tip them over.
#

thats somrthing like the ones i got for mine which i got from pet warehouse

but i have the brown rabbit bowls as spare ones

I use a plastic double feeding bowl, it has dry food in one side and dried grass in the other.

I use 2 plastic feeding bowls the doggy type.
99p with doggy treats inside them
dog happy piggies happy :)

sounds like I will be taking a trip to wilkinsons at the weekend and buying a bigger brown bowl. I think my girls are just lazy they have taken to tipping it up and eating off the floor 98) my biggest concern is that they will sit in the bowl while they eat yuck ! but I guess they dont mind.

Like Ali loves piggies said we use the mason and cash brown bowls with rabbit or cat written on the side. I do not fill them right up to the top wait till almost empty then give them a good wash ;) I find the odd poop in the bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back