• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Feeding a sick guinea pig

• Thread starter Thread starter BugBabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BugBabe

Hi

I came accross this forum after looking for ideas. My guinea has been diagnosed with an abcess and our vet has given us pouches of green gunk to make up with water and syringe feed. The vet also said to blend some veggies and syringe this too. I wonder do I mix them up or do I just blend one type?

Thanks

You can use whatever you like providing its in the guinea pig shopping list O0

You can also use organic baby foods (veg ones) if you want O0

i had to provide a good diet when i had to syringe feed my gucci now passed away, she had to have everything syringed..

i found that trying to blend veg was hard as you constantly get lumps so i boiled the veg first until soft, then blended it and mixed it into her critical care, it made it more tasty for her, and i also gave it to her on its own, you can get baby food by Ella's Kitchen which is puree and its pure veg with nothing added, i bought that and she liked it..i also have her oaty porridge baby food by heinz, and the bannana breakfast.

forgot to say in my veg feed i put carrot, brocolli, cabbage, peppers, celery, tomato, parsnip, and boil it all up together.. and also they generally like it slightly warm :)

That is really appreciated, thank you so much. I will go to Tesco and stock up on his fav's.

oh btw, rather than him keep having it syringed, its always good to keep note on his appetite..if you put the food on a spoon and let him take it himself you'll have a good idea of if he is still interested in food etc..and it may be easier for him to eat off than a syringe

There is a guide to syringe feeding in the supplies list at the top part of this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back