Febrez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am using carpet for certain areas in my cage. The small ones I just machine wash every now and again, but one in particular is a bit too big to fit into the washer.

So I will probably just leave the carpet there until its too stinky to be used... It is dry to the touch, but the piggers have obviously weed on it at some point, and its dried and just left a bit of an odour.

What with the weather getting warmer now I dont really want the kitchen to smell of urine, so I just sprayed some febrez on that spot on the carpet (am cleaning out their cage atm), as febrez claims its good against pet odours.

How long do I have to leave that carpet out before its safe to put it back in with the piggies do you think?

I don't know, at the end of the day febreze is a chemical and it's not as if you wash it off - you just spray it on and leave it to dry. Are you sure it's safe to use with the guinea pigs? :-\

On another forum I go on they say NO not to use it for pets as the chemicals are really bad for animals even though they say to put it on their bedding etc so I wouldnt risk it.

i use jhonsons clean n safe you can spray it on to fabric and let it dry it's completely safe to use and has a nice smell (but it isn't to strong) i wouldn't use febreze as it's full of chemicals

Couldn't you hand wash/scrub the large piece of carpet and leave it out in the sunshine to dry? As others have said, I wouldn't be too keen to use Febreze because of the chemicals in it - made me cough and splutter the one time I tried it!

my vet told me fabreze and similar items like it are causing no end of skin and resperitory problems in all animals and warned me not to use it for anything connected to animals

I wouldn't use it either. The chemicals in it, being harmful to humans if they swallow (lick it when dry), so goodness knows about piggies then :(

wouldn't touch the stuff again ,used it on the dog beds and one of my dogs had a bad reaction to it she had bright red sore patches down her side that took weeks to clear up >:(

kerryx

P@H sell an odour remover for fabric & carpet that is harmless to animals - I use it on the carpet squares under my bed where I have playground for everyone, much safer than Febreze.

Sprinkle baking powder or bicarb of soda on it the pour vinegar this will remove any odour it is fantastic with unbelievable results

Febreze is tested on animals for one thing. Secondly, I can remember reading reports when it was first brought out that it had caused the death of cats.

Wouldn't touch it.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
Sprinkle baking powder or bicarb of soda on it the pour vinegar this will remove any odour it is fantastic with unbelievable results

I remember you telling me this once when the boys knocks something over. Was ages ago though!

Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
Pumpkinpiggie said:

I remember you telling me this once when the boys knocks something over. Was ages ago though!
It was you not the boys babe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back