Fearns farm hay

I wouldn't have a problem with it being rye (although my pair would because they weren't fussed on rye). But the strands look quite short? It's hard to tell from such a tiny photo mind you.

Thanks @Lorcan. I don't know the length of the hay, one of the reasons why I wondered if anyone else had used it really. I don't know how dusty it is either. Typically I find short strand/ chopped hay dusty even when labelled dust extracted. Do you know of anywhere that sells large quantities of timothy that's cheap? My one piggy, Cyril, coughs like mad when he's on meadow hay as it seems to really irritate his airways. I'm looking to have some soft timothy to help keep the hutch warm during the winter. I'm currently using haybox soft cut. I'm still trying to work out if Cyril will cough if its in the other cages or not. If he does, that means I've got to fill 3 6ft hutches with haybox timothy and that's going to cost a lot.

I don't, unfortunately, other than the usual hay subscription boxes. Happy Hay do sell a box of rye hay, would that be worth looking into? Although it wouldn't be any cheaper than the timothy unfortunately. Nature's Own do the Sweet Green Hay bag (£5.19 for 3.5kg) (and their woodshavings are the best I've tried recently, honestly) but I can't remember what type of grass it's meant to be and their website doesn't seem to mention it.

Yes I've seen the nature's own sweet green hay but never bought it as it never states what type of hay it is. I'll drop them an email and see if they can help. :)

Back