• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fatty eye/ pea eye or worse?

milkis + nuggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I was feeding my piggy veggies when I noticed a little red part on her eye. At first I thought it was a piece of red pepper stuck on her eye but when I looked closer it was definitely not food.

I wiped it with a cotton bit and there is a drop red mucus, and then it seemed fine. I’m still worried though, is it an infection? She is still running around and eating/drinking as normal.

Should I buy some eye drops or take her to the vet? Can it heal itself? I have added a link below for the photo but not sure if it works. Thank you so much in advance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG 7337 — Postimages

If you click ‘attach files’ under the message box, you will be able to add a picture directly to the thread so that we do not have to click on third party links.

Please always see a vet for any eye issue. The always need to be properly diagnosed and treated - you should never try to treat it (or anything) yourself and you can’t leave an eye to heal itself.

Hi, I was feeding my piggy veggies when I noticed a little red part on her eye. At first I thought it was a piece of red pepper stuck on her eye but when I looked closer it was definitely not food.

I wiped it with a cotton bit and there is a drop red mucus, and then it seemed fine. I’m still worried though, is it an infection? She is still running around and eating/drinking as normal.

Should I buy some eye drops or take her to the vet? Can it heal itself? I have added a link below for the photo but not sure if it works. Thank you so much in advance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG 7337 — Postimages

Hi and welcome

Please always see a vet promptly within 24 hours with a potential eye injury or infection; as an out-of-hours emergency if there is actual blood or bleeding. Eye injuries can deteriorate very quickly so they are usually squeezed in as a priority for UK vets if at all possible.

Sight unseen this is as much as we can tell you.

You will have to wait until your registration is fully processed (which takes a little while) but the best way of uploading pictures is by clicking on the Attach Files button underneath your post when you write it and to copy any videos across that you have uploaded on a public setting on a service that doesn't require a membership sign-in. We are not part of social media and are run entirely by voluntary membership donations but we consider this drawback worth the price for being in full control of our own forum. :)

Back