Fattening Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnachmari

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey x I'm a new owner. I had two guinea pigs from pet at home around 6 months ago. One died within a month of owning it. I got another companion for the male i had, and I'm sure it had a respitory infection came home one night it was wheezing and dies before could get it to vet. The one i still have is a male called squeaker. He just seems smaller and skinnier than all guinea pigs and his coat dont seem as soft and shiny x hes been like this from i got him x I will post a pic to show you right now hes trying to stop my hands from typing so will send pic in a bit lol

Sorry to hear about the other guinea pigs. Squeaker doesn't look that skinny. Also he may have some Rex in him. (I think thats what they call the fuzzy hair type of g pig) if you are concerned I would take him to the vets for a check up.

He looks like a teddy or a tex piggy they have course fur Hun :) he's lovely. Oh sorry forgot to say hi and welcome to this fab forum :)
Wiebke will properly reply soon she's full of knowledge and she may be able to tell you if he is and offer you more support :)
lol I just wrote the same as you.

last time i though he was will he went straight to vet he got an injection to stimulate his gut and hes right as rain again. But the vet did say he was skinny, but never said he was underweight etc x so idk x

Looks good :) a good diet, dry food, water, hay and lots of love will do the trick and vet visits never do any harm.

Please weigh your piggies once weekly and have them checked by a vet if they don't thrive. There is usually a reason for it. I posted on your other thread today.

pet shop told me he was male iv not actually checked sex myself ... I'm gonna wait till he finished eating his orange and check ... cus his weight is in female category ... ?

theres one 26.6 mile away and theres one 40+mile away lol

yh x i thought he was ill but he doesnt have any signs hes breathing fine gut fine chest fine eating fine pooing fine etc x hes healthy hes just seems small and thin for a pig x he goes from like my fingertips to beggining of my wrist x pets at home said he was 6 month when i got him I'm beginning to doubt it the more i look into it x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back