• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

fat lil piggy

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

hi i just need some of year opinions i know piggies are supposed to be nice and round but my piggy ronnie seems really plump to me does he look too fat to anyone else or is it me being paranoid again? ::)

can piggies be too fat?

IMG_0096-1.jpg

thanks guys :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I personally would never put a piggie on a diet :-\ :-\ :-\

but yes good idea Lez, side view love and also how old etc?

Beautiful looking piggie tho :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Aw they're sooo cute chubby! :smitten: i have a fatty too and i love her! What does he weigh? x

Piggies cannot be too fat as long as they are firm.You cannot put them on a diet anyway.If the piggy is "loose and flabby" then more excersise would help/.

Pigs vary in size the same as humans.Some of them are small and stay around the 2bl mark,others can go to nearly 4 lb.

How old is he and how much does he weigh? I'm also asking as a comparison to my piggies, these are my first ones, I've had them for about 3 months, I guess they are somewhere aorund 20 - 22 weeks old, both (boars) gained weight quite quickly when I first had them, they have slowed a bit now. Treacle is 1020g, Scampy is smaller at 926g.

When they are considered "adult" ie fully grown?

My vet told me to put Gandhi on a diet because he was fat and it would be dangerous to him. I usually give him to much ration, but now I only give a tablespoon per pig.
He is better now because he jumps and run more.

sorry for the delay he weighs 1068g still working on the pic :D
i've never heardof a piggy on a diet before ;D

Thats not a fat wieght i don't think, one of mine was 1040g and he was considered quite small, is the piggie fully grown? x

Mine too, i guess that he'sa round two but could be anything really! I wouldn't say yours is too fat, just chubby n cute :smitten:

i know bless him his the biggest piggy i've got but his the most friendly 1 outta all of them! :D

He sounds fine to me. Don;t call him fat, you'll give him a complex, last thing you want is an anorexic pig! :D

As long as he seems healthy in every other way (able to clean himself properly, getting plenty of exercise, lively) then I don't think it would be a problem.

guineafriend said:
. Don;t call him fat, you'll give him a complex, last thing you want is an anorexic pig! :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dyeah don't want to start a trend of piggies on diets!! ;D ;D :D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back