Family won’t listen about putting pigs in garage

Miyah1027

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My family is temporarily living with my nana and she insists on putting my Guinea pigs in the garage even though I clean their cage everyday she says she still smells them. I came home from work to them being in the garage and I keep telling them the garage is not suitable but nobody is listening to me and continues to keep putting my babies back in the garage. I can tell they don’t like it in there they’re just hiding my pigs are very social so I know they’re uncomfortable.

That sounds nasty ! Can't you take the Guinea pigs with you That way they can't put them in garage I think that's what I would do because it's not fair on your guinea pigs and they are not there's to judge, they should not judge anyone's guinea pigs by placing them in garage it's upsetting your guinea pigs

That's really sad. It's nice that your nana has let your family live with her, but it isn't good for the piggies to live out in the garage. I know it can get very hot still in Orlando (I used to live there) and pretty cold too. Do you have a friend that can keep the piggies on a temporary basis for you?

Also, what type of bedding do you keep them on? Some bedding is better at staying clean and smelling pretty good for a few days than others.

You should try rewashable puppy pads. I change every few days no smell unlike conventional bedding.

Back