Falling Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmfor

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my guinea pigs are sisters, they've never been apart. The past week I've noticed cocoa snapping at hermione a lot. This seems to happen when they are in the run. Hermione follows cocoa around a lot, so I wonder if cocoa just gets a bit fed up, but today once I saw hermione in her own in the little wooden cave they have and cocoa went in and made her squeal! Is this normal behaviour? Should I get another wooden shelter so they both have somewhere?

my guinea pigs are sisters, they've never been apart. The past week I've noticed cocoa snapping at hermione a lot. This seems to happen when they are in the run. Hermione follows cocoa around a lot, so I wonder if cocoa just gets a bit fed up, but today once I saw hermione in her own in the little wooden cave they have and cocoa went in and made her squeal! Is this normal behaviour? Should I get another wooden shelter so they both have somewhere?

Please always have one hidey and one bowl for each guinea pig. Cocoa is the dominant guinea pig, so she gets first choice of everything. The squeal is protest/submission, not hurt.
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/sow-behaviour.38561/

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely do that. I have a spare bowl, I just need another hidey place. I wonder if that's why I always find the igloo tipped upside down when I check on them in their hutch? They have a plastic igloo in the "bedroom" area of the hutch then a wooden hide for the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back