• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

failing to thrive

• Thread starter Thread starter K8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K8

Hi there
I was hoping that someone would help me . My guinea has become extremely thin and lays down with his head on one side, on the bedding. His teeth, claws and coat is fine and the other guinea is in prime health. we are giving him rescue food from the vets and he does have an apetite, he is just failing to thrive. can anyone shed any light on the poor little chap?
Thank you k8

Awwww bless - if hes skinny then there may be something wrong somewhere like his digestive system :-\
Whats his poo like ? sorry to sound gross but if its diarrhea then thats bad

think you should take your fur baby into a pig savy vet to have test done, could be digestive system, kidneys, liver to name some. perhaps an ultra sound, urine test and a poop test will be needed from your baby. wishing you and your fur baby hugs and cuddles. please keep us updated on the little mite. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It could be a number of things, my Sheltie failed to thrieve and I believed he had a brain disorder. I would get your pig to a vet who is good with pigs and see what they say. :)

Thanks guys
My Pig is two and he is still hungry today. His poos seem about half size but normal texture. Vet says he will take blood to test for all sorts but the outcome will be the same, probably no cure. Good or bad vet? what do you think?
K8

You say the teeth are fine,who checked them?.There may be a spur on the molars digging into the flesh,which would make eating painful.

If he is ho9lding his head on one side he may have an ear infection,but this can be indicative of dental problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back