• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everyone. I gave two of my boars a bath tonight, I did not wash near there eyes or even close, just their backs & bums. I wrapped them in a towel and towel dried them first, then used a hair dryer. I set it on the lowest setting and used the cold air button... after a while, white (like milky) stuff started coming out of Hamlet's eyes.

I really don't know what it was, it was just one droplet from each eye. Has this happened to anyone else? and/or does anyone know what it is?

Thanks Jenn x

Hi there and welcome :)
No need to worry this is a natural thing, there's a name for it, darn it can't think of it ::)
I'm sure someone else will be able to advise you the name, it's a natural body function as far as i'm aware :)

Did your piggies like their bath? I also use the hair dryer but have it set on the lowest warm setting if it's a cooler day, if it's hot they'd probably appreciate it being cooler O0

My piggies have the same reactions to different things, no need to worry.

Its normal, cleans their little eyes :smitten:

Eye Discharge
Normal Cavies excrete a milky white liquid which lubricates their eyes and is used to help them clean their faces. After the eye fills up with the white fluid, the cavy will then take their front paws and make washing motions. This may happen several times per day although you may never even notice. VC Richardson describes a "milky ocular discharge" as "a normal fluid which is released from the eye as part of the grooming process."

Abnormal These signs warrant an examination by an experienced veterinarian.
Signs:

Crusty eyes
Watery eyes
Cloudy eyes
Receding eyes
Protruding eyes
Ulcerated eyes

Came from here ; http://www.guinealynx.com/eyes.html

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back