• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

EYES?

• Thread starter Thread starter cavy love
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavy love

hi
my little baby Pansy for a little while now, always seems to have a sort of crusty residue round her eyes. they never look sore or anything, it's just the crustiness. can anyone tell me what this might be?

The most likely cause of gritty eyes is a blocked tearduct.(Is the skin underneath the eye wet?). Get some Optrex or Brolene eye drops. Wrap the piggy in a towel and lay it on it!s side(or get someone to hold the piggy over for you)just drop one or two drops onto the eye then very gently massage along underneath the lower eyelid.Start at the outside point of the lid and massage along towards the nose.You can repeata this 2 or 3 times to wash the duct through.Do not worry if the proceedure makes the piggy sneeze,this is quite normal.

oh thanks so much. i've been worried. where can i get the Brolene/optrex? and the skin isn't wet. thank you so much.
i hope she will feel better soon i think she finds it uncomfortable. and the other thing is the side of her eye is whiteish. has this got something to do with it? thanks sooo much. :smitten:

Brolene/Optrex available from any chemist.possibly some supermarkets.Get the Brolene drops ,not the ointment.

How big is the white area?,does the eye look opaque ?. There could be infection or a poke injury. Any chance of a close up pic of the eye?.

thanks. i'm afraid she won't stay still long enough for me to take a pic. the white area is not that big. just in the corner. the whole eye doesn't look opaque. :-\

no, i mean, in the corner of the eye, it is just sort of greyish/white . Another thing is that in the corner of the eye, on the rim, there is a little groove with white stuff coming out a little bit.

I think this might be a poke injury,maybe a bit of hay has poked his eye.Try Brolene eye ointment or Golden eye ointment for a couple of days,if there is no improvement by Monday,might be best to let your vet have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back