• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eyes sticking out

luckyandsammy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Cinnamon is about 10 weeks old. Since I got him, his eyes have been sticking out a little bit. I thought it just looks like that because he’s quite small but he has grown a bit and they are still sticking out. Is this normal?

I do have an older guinea pig with eyes that stick out a bit but he has pea eye, I’ve never seen this in a younger guinea pig?

IMG_8162.webp
IMG_8163.webp

IMG_8165.webp

Cinnamon is about 10 weeks old. Since I got him, his eyes have been sticking out a little bit. I thought it just looks like that because he’s quite small but he has grown a bit and they are still sticking out. Is this normal?

I do have an older guinea pig with eyes that stick out a bit but he has pea eye, I’ve never seen this in a younger guinea pig?

View attachment 257297
View attachment 257298

View attachment 257299

Hi

Piggies with a rather pronounced narrow and pointy face often have eyes that protrude more. Nothing wrong with it; it is just the way they are.

My Rhosyn 'Rose' was another one like that.
(And yes, she did have an official vet check but he couldn't find anything wrong with her eyes or mouth/teeth)
IMG_5755_edited-1-1.webp IMG_9308_edited-1.webp

Last edited:
Back