• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

eyelashes

• Thread starter Thread starter princess
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princess

hi my guineapig betty has always had long hair just above her eye like eyelashes,they have never been a problem.however now we have found a small lump just under her eyelid.so we took her to the vets who said it was a wart and that there is an operation to remove it.but he also said her eyesight is fine and it doesnt seem to be causing her any harm.has anyone else had this problem?

Nope none of mine have had that but the operation should be fairly simple so less complications so i hope shell be ok 0:)

What did your vet advise to do? I think I would leave alone and monitor if it were me. :)

wart operations? the world gets crazier by the minute! xx0

In all my many years of piggy keeping I have never heard of a wart on the eyelid,but it is possible I suppose.If it is not affecting the sight and not causing discomfort,I would be inclined to leave it alone.If it gets bigger and does start to cause problems,that would be soon enough to start thinking about surgery.

the vet said to just keep an eye on it and that the decision was ours.he also said his rabbit has got the same.

I've honestly never heard of wart operations! It's fascinating...
Anyway, hope she gets better soon! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back