• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye weeping still

• Thread starter Thread starter teabag
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teabag

Oh dear. I'm getting a bit worried about our boar again.

We took him to the vets about a 5/6 weeks ago because one of his eyes was weeping a clear liquid all the time. The vet said conjunctivitis and gave us cream which cleared it up. But it keeps coming and going. We thought maybe the hay we were using was irritating him, so we only buy timothy hay now and have just changed their bedding to megazorb. Some days its fine, but today it looks quite red and runny again. I've bathed it with sterilised water, and popped a bit more cream on it that the vet gave us.

Does anybody have any idea why it keeps happening? Is there anything else we can do to help him out?

I see another trip to the vets coming on...

Conjunctivitis sometimes doesn't go the first time, i think you need to take him back to the vets and get more cream, or a differnet cream. You can not get rib of conjunctivitis without medication. Let me no how it goes.

You can wipe the eye to help keep it clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back