• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye lid goes inwards

• Thread starter Thread starter Jodiec
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jodiec

I have my 4 new pigs from the RSPCA, one of the rex pigs her bottom eyelid goes inwards slightly so her hair is almost touching her eye ball. Does anyone know about this? Has anyone had similar. I will be taking her to the vet but just wondered if anyone knows about it before i do? Her eye is fine and shes not squinting or anything?

oooh sorry cant help there - but ive only heard about the eye lids going outwards which is called fatty eye ? Please let us know how she goes on at the vets :smitten: Hope shes gonna be ok :smitten:

Hi I think this condition is known as Entropion, it is the turning in of the eyelashes and irritation of the eye. Rexes, Texels and Teddies seem more prone to Entropin than some other breeds. I experienced this in a newborn Rex some years ago. I used cooled boiled water and a cotton pad to gently bath and encourage the eyelashes to turn the right way. In the case of another Rex baby that we had the eyelashes rubbed an ulcer on the eye, which we caught early and was successfully treated with antibiotic drops. Good luck with your brood.

This is Entropian and you need to take Guinea to a vet. It can be operated on but some vets aren't familiar with the op on guineas, rabbits etc get it too though so its not unheard of :) Take them along and see what needs doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back