• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye issue?

Honey&truffle

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is on my girls eye?

Is it hay poke?

Her main eyeball looks normal it’s just when I lift her eye lid up. And it doesn’t seem to be bothering her .

Attachments

• IMG_9022.webp
    IMG_9022.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone know what this is on my girls eye?

Is it hay poke?

Her main eyeball looks normal it’s just when I lift her eye lid up. And it doesn’t seem to be bothering her .

Hi

Please see a vet within 24 hours of you noticing and ring up first thing tomorrow morning for one of their emergency slots. Eyes are prioritised in the UK.

It looks like a potential injury to the conjunctiva and should not be left.

My late Enoch used to get this a lot which my vet said was an untreated injury to the conjunctiva before I adopted him which kept getting inflamed so what you’re dealing with is an injury to the conjunctiva. Please see a vet as soon as you can. I’m sure she will be fine after the correct treatment prescribed by your vet x

Back