• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

eye has blue tint

• Thread starter Thread starter hayleyandjohn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayleyandjohn

Hi,
I need some help please?

One of my guinea pigs which has black eyes has a slightly blue tint kind of behind the eye?
I dont think its an infection as one has already had an infection when piece of hay got in and it went a different clolour blue and it was on the surface. Plus i put some antibiotic cream on it and it cleared up within a day and i have put cream on her eye and its still not gone, plus i cant see a scratch of anything on her eye. She seems to be ok, eating properly and everything.

Does anyone know what else this might be?

GP eyes tend to go opaque when injured ,this is natures way of resting and healing the eye.

How old is the piggy,could be the start of cataract.

As the piggy is eating and acting normally,I would leave the eye alone.

I thought it might be cataracts but she is not even year old, and it is just the one eye.

Oh really! WOW!
So do you think i should still take her to the vets?

As she is eating and moving around o.k.I would not bother with vet at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back