Extra loud and squeak guineapig

Betheii

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Something I've been quite curious about is, that I've had my Boar Tricky since September 2020, he's coming up to about 2 years old soon, we adopted him when he was around 14 weeks, and he's always been quite an anxious piggie, however, one thing we noticed is he constantly squeaking especially while being held. He would be completely comfortable laying in my lap, and look very peaceful, but will just not stop squeaking?
I was curious if anyone else has ever seen this behaviour with a guineapig of there. None of my other pigs act like this

Attachments

• 278246728_500446365112255_6684225366742324667_n.webp
    278246728_500446365112255_6684225366742324667_n.webp
    30 KB · Views: 12
Is he maybe just talking to you about what’s going on with him? Does it sound like normal squeaking? Does he live with another piggy or next door to one?

Is he maybe just talking to you about what’s going on with him? Does it sound like normal squeaking? Does he live with another piggy or next door to one?
He lives with his brother, we always thought it was talking, but it's a constant squeaking, it doesn't sound like he distressed or anything, it's been happening for almost two years now, so I was curious if anyone would know why

Bless he looks handsome!
Sounds like he’s just chatting away to himself.
Out of our 2 boy guinea pigs, Hamish loves to chat away to us when sat on the sofa, and also as he goes about his day. Hector occasionally chips in with something, but seems to leave most of the chatting to his brother!

Oh! that's good to hear!
He actually really love watching TV, and I've noticed he will change the tone to almost sing along with with the songs!

Back