Extending Ferplast 120 cage

MollieandLulu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 baby girls (10ish weeks old) in a Ferplast 120. They mainly get free (supervised) access to the whole living room most of the day/evening, but I'm thinking about extending their cage. For various reasons the Ferplast suits us (rather than a C+C cage). I'm debating getting a Ferplast 160 and attaching it sideways to the current one (ie like a square, with the bigger cage sicking out, rather than joining and making a very long rectangle, as we don't have the space for that).

Am I better to get the 160 and join, as mentioned (and, if so, can anyone recommend a ramp for the piggies to get from one side to the other without having the jump)? I've made a huge hay pile and cardboard steps for them to get in and out of current one to the floor (cage is on the floor)? Or should I get a large run (that I can use for them in the garden) that I can use to surround the front of the cage so they can roam more than the cage when they are not supervised in living room?

:wel:

Absolutely fine to join a 160 to a 120. It would give them a lovely space. I have the ferplast plaza 160 as one of my spare cages and it really is a nice cage.
Simply using a bendy log bridge can work as a ramp between the two cages.

@Bill & Ted - have I remembered correctly that you have/had two commercial cages joined?

If you’re thinking a run which can also be used outside, then it’s going to depend on how much space you’ve got, how easy you can give access to it from the cage given itll most likely be a solid four sides and how often you are going to want to move it outside. An outside run needs to be secure so the piggies are protected and therefore a wooden and mesh run is safest. However, that also means they aren’t flexible so its not necessary easy to move it in and out of the house regularly.

you may find joined commercial cage suggestions on here
Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

This is our ramps guide. It is more actual ramps from one level to another but you may find inspiration
Ramps in Cages

Back