Extending C&C enclosure

jazzpiggie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey piggie friends,

How would you go about extending an existing c&c enclosure?

I’m thinking of possibly extending my boys’ enclosure from being a 2x4 to a 3x4 or a 2x5.

I’m just unsure how I’d go about the corflute base. Would you replace the whole base or just add an extra bit of corflute on and maybe duct tape it together?

Any advice/tips would be appreciated!

Extending or replacing the floor is the way to do it but it is entirely up to you.

It’s good you are making the cage bigger though as a 2x4 is considered minimum for a boar pair. They really need a 2x5.

You do need to note that changing the cage size will constitute a change in territory and will cause them to go into a two week period of reestablishing their hierarchy. This happens whenever piggies are put into a new territory.
When you change the cage size, don’t change the bedding at the same time. They need the new section to smell like them also as it helps ease the transition and helps them recognise the new space is still their territory.
If you use fleece them wipe any new piece of fleece with soiled fleece to transfer the scent onto it. If you use disposable bedding then don’t remove it, instead spread it all around the cage (top up with new).

Reacting to group or territorial changes: Dominance and group establishment/re-establishment

I just added an extra bit on. If you want you can use a slide binder at the join but please don't use tape where they can get to it.

I have an L shaped C&C so had to attach the two pieces with duct tape. I have newspaper and fleece on top so they can’t get to it to chew. It does get grubby with hay dust after a while though where the joins are so I do refresh the tape every now and again.

I use duct tape across the bottom and slide binders at the side so they can't chew any tape. I have a layer of newspaper and fleece as bedding so they can't chew the tape. It's expensive to keep replacing the corflute (corex uk), my cages are forever changing size and shape to fit our changing piggy needs!

I just added an extra bit on. If you want you can use a slide binder at the join but please don't use tape where they can get to it.
I have an L shaped C&C so had to attach the two pieces with duct tape. I have newspaper and fleece on top so they can’t get to it to chew. It does get grubby with hay dust after a while though where the joins are so I do refresh the tape every now and again.
I use duct tape across the bottom and slide binders at the side so they can't chew any tape. I have a layer of newspaper and fleece as bedding so they can't chew the tape. It's expensive to keep replacing the corflute (corex uk), my cages are forever changing size and shape to fit our changing piggy needs!
Thanks for the tips everyone! Thinking duct tape under the fleece will be the way to go for now :D

Agreed about the price of corflute too!Maybe in the next upgrade I'll get a whole new piece, but let's see!

Back