Expect the Unexpected

Bluebell

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No matter how long you have had guinea pigs, they can always put carefully arranged living plans into disarray. I'd dithered and dithered over whether to have a huge rearrangement and get my oldest boar a new cage mate, he was always totally healthy and looking like I was going to be getting him into double figures. So he got his new friend, all the cages got rearranged, I sat back exhausted but feeling it was all going well,........ then I suddenly lost him yesterday.

It was the best way to go for him so I can't be sad, but I'm now looking at the new addition and thinking, here we go again!

I’m sorry for your loss. He passed away loved and happy, because of you and the fact you gave him what he needed and wanted. Hopefully the newbie will be okay for a short while as you make further arrangements. Take care of yourself as well.

I’m so sorry. It sounds like he went peacefully over the bridge. Take care. ❤️

I'm so sorry. I can only echo the above. You gave him a lovely life. Take time to grieve and be gentle with yourself. It's never easy :hug: . Popcorn free little one.❤️

Back