Everything Is Going So Well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkers

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So just a quick update and back story
I adopted 2 baby pigs and named them Anne and Elizabeth they have been with me for 2 weeks now. My husband and I have built their new habitat and Anne had a visit at the vet.

My husband and I finished the new habitat for the babes. Only has two levels when I was planning on three..I am awesome at measuring /sarcasm. Anywho, we do plan on adding a half lvl on the top for hay and the like.

Anne seems to be doing much better now. The vet gave me a prescription eye drop, shampoo and ordered lots of vitamin C.

I did stop by the shelter to let the girls there know how everything was going and the person who was to adopt the babes mother never came back! So *cough* I now have three babes and a confused husband! I have named the mother Mary.

They didn't meet that night and Mary didn't even poke her head out of the box. Not once. Same with the next day. So my husband and I put a divider in the second level and it was truly like seeing a different pig! She wasn't shy. She was talkative, started eating right away and all three spent all their time trying to remove the divider. So we did remove it and we waited..my husband with gloves I gave him. Now they are all happily living together in their new pad.

I will post some photos of the girls soon!

Aww I love a happy ending, well done you for adopting them all xx

Wonderful news! Mommy was just terrified at first finding herself in a strange new place, but she should get on well with her own daughters as they haven't been separated for long and there will be only a minimum of dominance.

Thanks for the update so pleased the meeting has all gone well. They sound like they have a fantastic home with you. Any chance of seeing some pigtures? :)

So pleased you took on three rescue girls.Chuffed its going well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back