Enrichment ideas

Elephonty

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I know there will be a fair few posts about this but has anyone got any good suggestions for enrichment toys?
Woody has started to bite his cage bars and after changing the layout of his cage added with daily floor time there has been no difference. He already has cardboard tunnels, wooden chews, 2 wooden castles, chew balls and big piles of hay in his cage but I am looking for other suggestions for safe toys that I can place in his cage all day even when I'm not there to supervise! I have attached a picture of his current cage layout which I try to change at least once a week

Attachments

• 20220628_203446.webp
    20220628_203446.webp
    138.1 KB · Views: 6
You can't go wrong with empty toilet roll tubes (cut lengthways) stuffed with hay. Cardboard boxes with a door cut out stuffed with hay and paper bags (with the handles cut off) stuffed with hay :)

You can't go wrong with empty toilet roll tubes (cut lengthways) stuffed with hay. Cardboard boxes with a door cut out stuffed with hay and paper bags (with the handles cut off) stuffed with hay :)
Thank you! I do sometimes ask my cousin to get a few extra primark bags when she goes as he loves those stuffed with hay and forage! Will apprehend some of the many delivery boxes we get also 🤣🤣

I’ve just discovered the joy they find in a hay filled box!

I’ve just discovered the joy they find in a hay filled box!
Haven't had a decent sized cardboard box for a while so maybe a good excuse to order myself some goodies too 🤣

Back